Law is a highly saturated and competitive field. To stand out, law firms are tasked with developing strong personal brands and effectively marketing those brands using both online and offline methods. One essential component of a robust digital marketing strategy is to routinely create and share content, such as blogs, press releases, and client testimonials and reviews. Today, one type of content that is integral to a legal marketing plan is video.
If your criminal law firm is brainstorming creative ways to improve its online presence, incorporating video should be part of the solution. At Too Darn Loud Legal Marketing, our team of law firm marketing professionals can help you to understand the benefits of video marketing and incorporate video marketing into your existing legal marketing plan. Consider the following about why you should be using video on your website and three suggestions for using video to market your criminal law firm:
What Is Video Marketing?
Video marketing is simply the use of video to promote and market your brand, services, or specific lawyers within your firm. There are dozens of different types of videos that companies can use to attract potential customers and convert leads into sales, including client testimonial videos, product/service explanation videos, how-to videos, about us videos, and more.
Once a video is created, it may be shared on a company’s or firm’s website, or it may be shared on a video channel (such as YouTube) and then distributed on various social media sites, such as LinkedIn and Facebook. Video marketing can be a powerful tool for maximizing reach and sharing valuable information about a law firm, and is fundamental to legal marketing in the digital age.
The Benefits of Video Marketing
While all forms of content are valuable in creating a well-rounded and vigorous marketing strategy, video marketing is an especially influential tool. Some of the greatest benefits of incorporating video into your legal marketing strategy include:
- Search engine optimization. Search engine optimization, or SEO, refers to optimizing a website/content so that search engine’s algorithms are able to find it and are more likely to display it towards the top of a search results page. Keep in mind that next to Google, YouTube is the largest search engine. Websites with video-rich content rank better in search engines; by properly tagging your video, your SEO can blossom.
- Increased conversions. Not only will video help to draw more people to your website through improved SEO, but it can also increase your conversions, too. In fact, studies show that over 60 percent of consumers watch product videos before making a purchase, 84 percent of consumers were convinced to choose a product or service after watching a video, and 76 percent of video marketers report that video has helped to increase sales. While law firms are unique from other businesses in the products and services they offer, consumer behavior in decision-making is similar.
- Digestibility and accessibility. Videos, unlike blogs, provide information in a nearly instant format that lends itself to fast consumption and digestibility. Videos are also incredibly accessible, with multiple platforms for uploading and sharing videos.
- Impact on emotion. Finally, consumer decision-making is largely driven by emotion. Video can have a powerful emotional impact on a user that a blog, press release, or graphic alone may not. Video can be used to build trust and create positive associations.
3 Ways to Use Video to Market Your Criminal Law Firm
There are numerous options that your criminal law firm could consider for using video for legal marketing purposes. Three ways to use video to market your criminal law firm that are highly recommended include:
- Attorney interviews/biographies. The relationship between a lawyer and a client is unique and distinct from the relationship that other brands and companies have with their customers. Indeed, a person’s future and wellbeing are on the line when they are in need of legal services. As such, establishing your law firm and your lawyers as knowledgeable, trustworthy, and effective is of the utmost importance. One way to do this is to create attorney interview videos or attorney biography videos. When combined with a thoughtful and intentional branding plan, an attorney interview/biography can help potential clients feel connected to a lawyer before even meeting them.
- Client testimonials. Again, law firms are unique in that the services they are providing can have life-changing results for clients, so a history of positive results and strong client relationships is crucial. One way to build trust in your brand and your services is to create a series of client testimonial videos. These videos can be used to create a sense of alikeness between the past client and future client, helping a future client to understand why they want to choose your law firm, what they can expect from you, and what the experience will be like. Feelings of hope based on the positive experience of a past client can lead to decisive action on the part of someone who needs legal services, converting them into a new client for your firm.
- Informational videos. Finally, posting videos that answer common questions that those seeking criminal defense services may have or explaining complex legal concepts or processes help to establish you as an authority in the space and fill a potential client’s need for information. Informational videos are a great way to build trust and enhance your search engine optimization efforts.
Start Your Video Marketing Strategy with Too Darn Loud Legal Marketing
Incorporating video into your legal marketing strategy can have a powerful impact on how many people your brand reaches and how potential clients view your law firm. To learn more about incorporating video into your criminal law firm marketing plan, or to start building your criminal law firm brand or marketing strategy, call Too Darn Loud Legal Marketing directly. Our legal marketing professionals will work with you to develop a digital marketing strategy that is results-oriented and that is focused on your unique brand, values, and objectives. Call 800-649-1764 today or fill out the intake form on our website to get started.